Creating Your First iProject
- Launch iMovie: Tap the + button to create a new project. You can choose between a Movie and a Trailer. Choose Movie for today.
- Choose a Theme: You can tap the play button to watch a preview of each style.
- Create Movie: This is the editing screen, with your videos to the right, a preview monitor on the left and, running across the bottom, the timeline, which is currently blank.
- Choose Videos: Tap on a video and it will be highlighted in yellow. You can drag the left- and right-hand edges to trim the clip before you add it to the timeline, or you can add the whole clip (by tapping the downward arrow) and trim it later.
- Transitions: After you add another video, you will see the transition icon between the clips. Tap it and the options appear at the bottom.
- Adding Audio: Tap the Audio button at the top-right corner of the screen. You can choose iMovie’s own music, or any other music on your iPad. Select a song and tap the downward arrow to add it to the timeline.
- Finalizing Video: Tap the back-pointing arrow in the top-left corner and you can tap on the title to edit it. The play button lets you watch the movie full-screen. You can then share or save your video.